Does your Nokia S60 cellphone running slow?
A virus might have been affected it?
Maybe it needs to be reformated?
Recently I went to repair shops and they charge
quite a large amount of money, just to fix this kind
Here are some codes that will make your phone
get better again and save you some money on repairs.
Just type the code in your S60 Cellphones.
*#0000# to find out firmware version and more information.
*#06# to find your IMEI number.
*#7370# to format your phone.
This will restore your phone to the way it was when you bought it.
Make sure your battery is charged or nearly full before you do it.
*#7780# similar to *#7370#
*#2820# to find out the bluetooth ip address of the phone
*#res0wallet# to erase all data stored in the wallet. lock code is required
Green, *, 3 to format the phone,
turn off and hold these keys while phone is rebooting.
do not let go until "formatting" appears and make sure
you have enough battery power (3/4 minimum)
How to reset/reformat a phone.
It may happens that a program corrupts the
C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data
can be lost of course but, more annoying,
some applications may not work or work only partially,...
On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences
will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
1) Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
2) Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.
In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).
Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.
* Useful helps : Full phone formatting a 6600! Here to let everybody how to perform a Full phone formatting on a 6600! If you encounter situation like below on your 6600,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot. (Remove the battery and insert it again and restart but still the problem is on)
2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that. (if the problem is “unable to delete xxx, already in use by c:..” try to restart the phone first. Wait for a few minutes after restarting then try uninstalling it again but the problem is still there)
4. Unable to delete unwanted files on C drive. (Reboot the phone but the problem is still..)
Then U should reformat your 6600 phone! as steps below,
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card or send them into your PC using IR or BT
3. Switch-off your 6600 phone.
4. Press and hold 3 keys;
i) Green dial key,
ii) * Star key,
iii) no.3 key on keypad
and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone.
Remember, do not let go the 3 press and just hold the keys
until you see a formatting word screen show!
5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed,
your 6600 will back to original system and factory settting.